"Pollution, climate change and urbanized living environments are making more allergies. Let's get to the bottom of your personal circumstances to develop strategies together to identify allergen exposure, mitigate allergies and rebuild your resilience."
The Austrian Society of Allergology and Immunology (ÖGAI), of which I had the privilege to be president between 2021 and 2022, is the parent society of allergologists in Austria and has a lot to offer, both for physicians and patients. Have a look at the ÖGAI homepage.
A picture says more than 1000 words - that's why I've put together some videos for you around my CV, so that you can also get to know your allergist a little in advance.
Prof. Dr. Erika Jensen-Jarolim
- Specialist in clinical immunology, with specialization in allergology
- International allergy expert, award winner and popular lecturer.
- 1986: Doctorate to Dr.med.univ. in Vienna
- 1989-1991: Research stays in Denmark and Switzerland
- 1998: Habilitation and appointment as associate professor
- 2007: University Professor at the Institute of Pathophysiology & Allergy Research, Medical University of Vienna
- 2011- : Double appointment at the inter-university Messerli Research Institute
- 2014-2022: Chief Editor of the World Allergy Organization journals
- 2021- : Chair of the AllergoOncology WG of EAACI - European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology.
- 2021-2022: President of the ÖGAI - Austrian Society for Allergology & Immunology
- Over 300 scientific publications, mostly in PubMed.
I am very happy to be involved as a lecturer in educational events for experts as well as for lay people! This hybrid event "Allergie am Punkt" took place in November 2022 in Vienna.